Ensuring that all learners with disabilities have equal access to Cybrary’s products, services, and materials is one of our highest priorities. Our teams strive to use best practices for accessibility, and our goal is to conform to international technical standards and tools for accessibility, such as the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0.
Existing U.S. laws, such as Section 504 and Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act, and the Americans with Disabilities Act, promote the use of technical standards such as WCAG 2.0. Our team has taken proactive steps to ensure that our platform adheres to international technical standards and tools for accessibility, Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 level AA and Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act via a third-party audit and internal training.
Cybrary has developed a Voluntary Product Accessibility Template (VPAT) that evaluates the company’s compliance with Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act. Cybrary’s VPAT is available upon request.
Our efforts to ensure an outstanding experience for our learners means that we use best practices, including, but not limited to, the following techniques:
- Throughout our application, Cybrary limits the use of multiple or hard-to-read fonts and uses high contrast text/background pairs
- Use of all CAPS, italics, or bold text is limited
- When used, graphics have alternative text (alt tags) for students who are screen reader users
- Generally, we do not use “click here” hyperlinks within courses, which can be problematic for screen reader users
- We provide captioning of video where possible, especially for students who are deaf or hard-of-hearing.
Much of our training relies on a hands-on application of learning in virtual environments and practice scenarios. Cybrary works with a number of learning partners and provides access to their materials in a hosted environment that is accessible via a modern browser. Their accessibility statements or VPATs are listed below.
- Our learning partners:
- PracticeLabs Labs VPAT
- PracticeLabs Exam Prep VPAT
- Skillable accessibility (VPAT available upon request)
- Infosec Learning (VPAT available upon request)
- iMocha - Compliance audit in progress
- Cydefe - Compliance audit in progress
- CybrScore accessibility (VPAT available upon request)
- CyberVista accessibility (VPAT available upon request)
- Our video host/provider is Vimeo. For more information about the accessibility features of Vimeo:
- Vimeo accessibility
If you have further questions or feedback about this, you can always contact our Customer Experience team via firstname.lastname@example.org